Both the Atlanta and Alpharetta studios will offer variety of classes for no charge
You’ve always wanted to try those cool hip hop dance moves, but were afraid to pay a lot of money for classes and then not like it, right? Well, Dance 101 is here for you.
Starting Jan. 19, Dance 101’s studios in Atlanta and Alpharetta are bringing back Free Week, where you can take classes at either studio free of charge.
“A tradition we started back in 2004, Free Week is the one week out of the year when we offer our intro and ‘all level’ classes for free to dancers and dance lovers alike who are curious about dance for exercise or for artistic development,” the Facebook event page states.
New this year, however, is there is no limit to the number of free classes you can take. Interested in hip hop? Take the class. Wondering how it differs from jazz basics? Take that class, too. You can also take ballet intro, Bollywood fusion, contemporary dance and belly dancing. You can check out the entire class schedule for the Atlanta studio here and the Alpharetta studio here.
Here’s how it works:
- There is a $25 registration fee, but Dance 101 will offer class cards and membership specials you can apply that fee toward. Even if you decide not to get a membership, you’ll pay only $25 for a week of unlimited classes.
- Please register for classes prior to arrival, walk-ins may not get into a class.
- No-shows will be charged $5, if you can’t make it, you need to sign out of the class.
- Classes are closed 15 minutes in or when they cap out (whichever occurs first).
- You can’t share/transfer your Free Week registration. One per person.
- Free Week ends on Saturday, Jan. 25.
Ofelia de La Valette opened Dance 101 in 2004 on Miami Circle in Buckhead, but now has two locations that offer about 140 classes a week.
Free Week dance classes
Dance 101 studios in Atlanta (2480 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329) and Alpharetta (735 N. Main St. Suite 1400, Alpharetta, GA 30009)
By Nancy Clanton, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution